FAIRFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT
QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
- Always be outside 10 minutes prior to the assigned bus time. (Please note: buses may get to your stop later than normal the first week of school and during inclement weather)
- Respect the bus driver.
- Never stand or play in the roadway while waiting for the bus. When possible stand on the sidewalk or your driveway.
- Wait for the flashing red lights and for the bus to come to a complete stop before moving toward the bus door.
- Form an orderly line for boarding the bus. Do not push.
- Students should use the handrail when boarding/exiting the bus.
- Move quickly to your seat. Do not stand or move from your seat while the bus is in motion.
- Students are required to wear seat belts. They should be fastened and tight at all times.
- Sit facing the front of the bus and talk quietly.
- Remain in your seat throughout the ride and keep the aisle clear at all times.
- Only ride your assigned bus.
- When exiting the bus, walk around the front of the bus and STOP BEFORE CROSSING.
- Grades K-2: The bus driver MUST see a parent/guardian at the bus stop. If no parent/guardian is present, the transportation coordinator will attempt to contact both parents. When possible the driver will finish the route and attempt a second drop-off. If a parent cannot be reached the driver will return the student to Stevenson School. It will be the parent/guardian responsibility to pick up their child from Stevenson School.
- Bus stops are not intended to be door-to-door. Bus stops can change from year to year. Do not ask the bus driver to change your stop. If you have any questions regarding a bus stop, please contact the transportation coordinator.
- Violations of any of transportations rules may result in possible suspension of bus privileges.
If you have any questions please contact:
Fairfield Transportation Coordinator - AnnaMaria Karch
973-227-1340 x 2136 (8:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Emergency phone #: 862-396-0754